Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, known as Megami Ibunroku: Devil Survivor (女神異聞録デビルサバイバー) in the original Japanese version, is a strategy/tactical RPG developed for Nintendo DS. Although the original name shares the same subtitle as Megami Ibunroku Persona, Devil Survivor is essentially a new branch of the Megaten series. It plays in the fashion more resembles to the Majin Tensei series, battling on the grid-base field and offering multiple Law-N-Chaos-wise story endings. A remake has been announced for the Nintendo 3DS featuring an 8th day, full voice acting ,and over 150 demons.
 Release dates
- Jan 15, 2009 (JP)
- June 23, 2009 (NA)
The story begins in mid-August of an unspecified modern year of Tokyo Japan. The protagonist, along with his friends Atsuro and Yuzu, is summoned by his elder cousin, Naoya to meet with at Shinjuku. Before they can catch up with Naoya, Atsuro shows up the COMPs (which are exactly the shape of a Nintendo DS) that were developed by Naoya. Out of curiosity, Atsuro decides to hack through the protection and eventually discovers the demon summoning program. After execute the program, a message pops up and reads the end of peaceful days. Demons materialize from their COMPs and attack. The demons are defeated by the 3 youths and offer them to contract with so they will fight on their side against other demons.
But the nightmare has just begun. With the COMPs, they can see each human has a number marked upon their head which represents the remaining day of lifespan. In that night there is a huge explosion at Aoyama cemetery and more demons spill out. In the next day, Japan military has setup the blockcades surrounding the area within the ring-shaped commuter railway Yamanote Line, preventing demons from escaping further. Electricity is cut out and alms are running low as well. The incident is so-called Tokyo Cordon, the capital is premonished to collapse in the 7th day. Player can choose to break through the blockcades or fight for salvation before the true catastrophy emerges.
 Game system
- Protagonist, 17-year-old male high-school student usually seen with his friends Atsuro and Yuzu.
- Atsuro Kihara (木原 篤郎 / アツロウ), high-schooler of the grade as the protagonist. The two are also close friends. He is skilled in computer programming and was able to hack into the demon summoning program.
- Yuzu Tanikawa / Sodeko (谷川 柚子 / ユズ / ソデコ), a close female friend of the protagonist who has known him since elementary school. A big fan of D-VA. Atsuro nicknames her Sodeko (袖子) due to the kanji 柚 (fruit yuzu) and 袖 (sleeve) look alike. The player can opt to say she is the protagonist's girlfriend.
- Naoya (直哉), the protagonist's elder cousin, programming genius who always acts suspiciously. Atsuro's programming role model.
- Amane Kuzuryu (九頭竜 天音 / アマネ), a powerful priestess and daughter of the founder of cult Shyoumonkai (翔門会).
- Yoshino Harusawa / Haru (春沢 芳野 / ハル), vocalist of the indie-rock band D-VA. She uses a live music sequencer as her COMP to summon demons. Fictionally she sings the theme song of the game, Reset.
- Eiji Kamiya / Gin (神谷 詠司 / ジン), manager of a livehouse-bar. He was in love with a now-missing D-VA keyboardlist, Aya, whom with Haru makes a love triangle.
 Supporting characters
- Midori Komaki (小牧 翠 / ミドリ), a famous internet idol in the cosplay circle. After obtaining a COMP she addresses herself the "Warrior of Love, Magical Dorry" and protects the others with her demons.
- Keisuke Takagi (高城 圭介 / ケイスケ), Atsuro's old friend during middle school. He has an unparalleled sense of justice but lacking of faith in humanity, because of being the target of bullying in school. This goes even farther after receving Yama's aid.
- Tadashi Nikaido / Kaido (二階堂 征志 / カイドー), leader of certain gang, he is seeking revenge to his elder brother's killer.
- Mari Mochizuki (望月 麻里 / マリ), Atsuro's tutor during his middle school. She is Kaido's friend since they were very young and had a crush toward Kaido's deceased brother.
- Yasuyuki Honda (本多 保行 / ホンダ), a white-collar man who has a dying son separated by the blockcade.
- Misaki Izuna (飯綱 ミサキ / イヅナ一尉), a female captain of Japanese Defense Force who is appointed under Major Fushimi (伏見三佐) to carry out this special suppression mission of Tokyo Cordon. She will tell the protagonist the viewpoint of Japan Government on this incident.